COVID-19 Support for Staff
The Siteman Psychology Service is invested in supporting our staff through COVID-19. As we have moved to telehealth platforms to serve our patients, we are also using this as an opportunity to connect with staff virtually. The following documents, videos, and audio files make up a toolkit for employees.
- Caring for the healthcare worker
- Provider Best Practices for Covid-19 by NCCN Distress Management team
- Brief Mindfulness Practice – audio meditation with Dr. Heiland
- Self Compassion Break – audio meditation with Dr. Cash
- Present Moment Awareness – audio meditation with Dr. Heiland
- Stress Management for Staff – video from Dr. Cash
Here are some additional supports for BJC employees:
- To provide team members with a resource for their emotional health and well-being, a BJC Employee Support Line is open. The support line phone number is 314-747-7493, and their hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. this Thursday and Friday, and then 8 a.m. until midnight, Monday through Friday, beginning March 30. Please see the full article with additional information about this on the COVID-19 website.
- In addition to the BJC Employee Support Line, BJC EAP is offering expanded hours for counseling sessions. Beginning Sunday, March 29, BJC employees and their family members will be able to schedule appointments with our expert consultants anytime during the hours of 8 a.m. until midnight. The BJC EAP 24/7 crisis line will remain in operation as well. To make an appointment with BJC EAP, call 314-747-7490.