- 1980: MD, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico City
- 1980 - 1983: ntern and resident, internal medicine, Instituto Nacional de la Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico City
- 1983 - 1985: Fellow, gastroenterology and endoscopy, Instituto Nacional de la Nutricion Salvador Zubiran
- 1986 - 1989: Medical Staff Fellow, Liver Diseases Section, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Md.
- 1978: Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- 1983: Mexican Board of Internal Medicine, recertified 1990, 1999
- 1985: Foreign Medical Graduates Examination in Medical Sciences (FMGEMS)
- 1988: Federal Licensing Examination (FLEX)
- 1989: Mexican Board of Gastroenterology
- 1998: Mexican Board of Gastroenterology, Recertification
- 1999: Mexican Board of Endoscopy
Disclaimer: This listing may not include all articles associated with this physician and may include publications related to other physicians with a similar name.