Bleeding disorders, chronic leukemia, myeloma, anemia, iron deficiency anemia, red blood cell disorders, sickle cell disease, venous thromboembolism, transfusion therapy, Von Willebrand's disease, hemophilia, anticoagulation and blood thinners
One of my areas of interest is the laboratory diagnosis and clinical management of thromboembolic disease. In particular, I have been studying the treatment of cancer-related thrombosis and complications of indwelling venous catheters.
- 1981: MD, Saint Louis University School of Medicine
- 1981 - 1984: Resident, internal medicine, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago
- 1984 - 1986: Fellow, hematology, University of Washington, Seattle
- 1986 - 1990: Postdoctoral research fellow, hematology-oncology, Washington University, St. Louis
- 1984: American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- 1987: American Board of Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology
- 1988: American Board of Internal Medicine, Hematology
Disclaimer: This listing may not include all articles associated with this physician and may include publications related to other physicians with a similar name.