Siteman Cancer Center opened its first treatment facility in Illinois on Aug. 1. The Swansea, Ill., facility marks Siteman’s sixth location overall.
The treatment center will offer convenient access to nationally recognized cancer care, including clinical trials, for residents of southern and central Illinois and beyond.
The initial site is at 4000 N. Illinois Lane; however, a new facility is being planned for the Memorial Hospital East campus in nearby Shiloh, Ill., that would open in early 2020. Memorial Hospital East and Washington University Physicians in Illinois Inc. will jointly operate the new Siteman facility.
Expert physician care at the new satellite will be provided by Washington University Physicians in Illinois Inc. Those physicians are:
- Radiation oncologist Susan Laduzinsky, MD
- Radiation oncologist Jason Lee, MD
- Medical oncologist William J. Popovic, MD
- Medical oncologist Alfred O. Greco, MD
- Medical oncologist Guillermo Rodriguez Jr., MD
- Medical oncologist John L. Visconti, DO
Siteman patients seen in Swansea will have access to the same therapeutic clinical trials offered on Siteman’s main location in the Central West End in St. Louis.