Protocol Office (PRMC/QASMC)
The Protocol Office at the Siteman Cancer Center assists and manages the activities of the two research review committees:
- Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee (PRMC)
- Quality Assurance and Safety Monitoring Committee (QASMC)
Center for Outpatient Health – 8th Floor
CB 8100 4901 Forest Park Ave., Suite 800 St. Louis, MO 63108-1401
Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee (PRMC)
A Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee is required for all National Cancer Institute (NCI) designated cancer centers. NCI policies state that the purpose of a PRMC is to review, at a minimum, all the research studies in areas of diagnosis, therapy, prevention and control of cancer that have not received traditional peer review for scientific merit. A PRMC also provides a mechanism for monitoring all cancer research studies in this institution for scientific progress, carrying with it the authority for closing any studies that are not meeting accrual or performance standards.
- Co-chairs: Joel Picus, MD, Julie Margenthaler, MD, Perry Grigsby, MD, and Brad Kahl, MD, Bettina Drake, PhD, MPH
- Manager: Stephanie Myles (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Protocol Coordinator: Sharon Phillips, MS, CCRC, email@example.com
- Protocol Coordinator: Conswala Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org
Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee Policies and Procedures (Updated December 2014)
PRMC Submission Instructions
Please use the following link to access work instructions for submission to PRMC. Please scroll down to “Regulatory Categories” and choose the appropriate option.
Quality Assurance and Safety Monitoring Committee (QASMC) Information
To maintain National Cancer Institute (NCI) designation, the Alvin J. Siteman Cancer Center (SCC) must ensure that research data generated under its sponorship are of high quality, reliable, verifiable and reproducible. The QASMC oversees the data and safety monitoring of institutional trials, reviewing all reportable adverse events that occur on research studies conducted under the auspices of the Siteman Cancer Center, and reviews quality assurance audits conducted annually on institutional therapeutic trials, as well as any other trial, at the request of the PRMC.
- Chair: Nancy Bartlett, MD
- QA specialist: Catie Knoerle, email@example.com
- QA specialist: Jennifer Edwards, firstname.lastname@example.org
- QA Specialist: Daveta Jenkins, email@example.com
- Senior Clinical Research Coordinator: Nicole (Kensinger) Wallace, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manager: Stephanie Myles, email@example.com
Quality Assurance and Safety Monitoring Committee Policies and Procedures (Updated March 2015)