Siteman Investment Program (SIP) Awards
The Siteman Investment Program will fund research projects twice per year. There are six mechanisms available:
- CLINICAL TRIAL CATEGORY
- New Clinical Trial Mechanism; up to $300,000 over 3 years
- Established Clinical Trial Mechanism; up to $200,000 over 2 years
- PRE-R01 CATEGORY
- Pre-R01 Mechanism; up to $200,000 over 2 years
- Pre-R01 Mechanism with a Cancer Prevention & Control Emphasis; up to $200,000 over 2 years
- Multi-PI Pre-R01 Mechanism; up to $400,000 over 2 years
- TEAM SCIENCE CATEGORY
- Team Science Mechanism; up to $800,000 over 2 years
Please see the Request for Applications (RFA) for complete information on each mechanism.
A request for applications will be announced twice per year on the following schedule.
2019 Cycle 2 Official Dates
Announcement: July 16, 2019
Statement of intent deadline: September 3, 2019
Application deadline: October 1, 2019
Anticipated decision notices: December 15, 2019
Start date: January 1, 2020
|GENERAL SIP DATE GUIDELINES*||Cycle 1||Cycle 2|
|Announcement:||January 15||July 15|
|Statement of Intent deadline:||March 1||September 1|
|Full applications due:||April 1||October 1|
|Anticipated decision notices:||June 15||December 15|
|Start dates:||July 1||January 1|
|*Dates may vary based on weekends, holidays, and other unforeseen circumstances.
Please consult the specific cycle’s RFA announcement for official deadlines.
2019 Cycle 2 Application Documents
2019 Cycle 2 Updates:
To ensure all requirements are met, please review the 2019 Cycle 2 RFA thoroughly. Significant updates this cycle include (but are not limited to):
- Updated SIP Application Cover Sheet
- Team Science applicants are now required to have an established Internal Advisory Board that has met at least once prior to Statement of Intent submission. In addition, Team Science applicants are required to present all planned projects to SCC’s Senior Leadership Committee prior to submitting the Statement of Intent to SIP.
Success rates have been computed over the span of SIP by mechanism and include applications that were scientifically reviewed. Success rates are determined by dividing the number of applications funded by the total number of applications reviewed.
- Pre-R01: 23%
- Multi-PI Pre-R01: 17%
Re-submissions are welcome and encouraged every cycle. The success rate for re-submissions across all mechanisms is 37%.
Contact Jaclyn McGuire at Siteman Cancer Center for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 314-454-8439.